Shredded Beef slider with coleslaw for Super Bowl 2014 :)
But you can cut down the cooking time by 1/10 th using a pressure cooker instead.
Sirloin meat is economical compared to minced meat.
You need not spend time shaping the beef into patties instead haphazardly shred the cooked meat with two forks :)so no worry of cutting into pieces too.
Ingredients : (Yields enough for 10-12 small sliders)
Beef - Sirloin tip roast - 1 .5 lb
To marinate beef :
Red chili powder / Paprika - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp (optional)
Salt and Pepper -to taste
Red onion - 1( large) diced
Celery - 1/2 stick chopped
Green chili -1 chopped (optional)
For the sauce:
Tomato ketchup - 1/3-1/2 cup
Spicy BBQ sauce -1/3 - 1/2 cup
Vinegar - 2 tbsp
Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - add only if needed
Coleslaw - (Cabbage, carrot, mayo, salt and pepper) 2 tsp per slider
Lettuce- 1 per slider
Onion rings- to taste
Ketchup or mustard to taste
1. Wash the beef chunk, pat dry and marinate with spices and set aside for 20 minutes to an hour.
2. In the pressure cooker add 2 -3 tsp of veg oil and saute the onion till translucent then add celery and green chili saute for two minutes and add the marinated beef (cut into 2 or 3 pieces to fit into the pressure cooker if needed).Cook on low for first 20 minutes then raise to low-medium setting and cook until 5-6 whistles depending on ur pressure cooker. Insert a fork to check if it is cooked well.
- If using slow cooker then :- In a pan add 2-3 tsp of veg oil and saute onion till translucent then add celery and green chili saute for 2 mts then add marinated meat and slightly brown the edges.Transfer the meat and onions to the slow cooker and pour 1-cup of chicken stock/beef broth cover and cook on low settings for 8-10 hours.(check in between and add more stock if needed so it does not dry out completely).According to your slow cooker you may have to set it in warm after 4-5 hours of cooking. One hour before serving continue with step 3.
3. In a large pan add all the ingredients for sauce given above and heat on a low flame till everything is combined then add the cooked meat chunk and simmer until all the sauces are absorbed completely.
4. Let it rest for 10 minutes.Then using two forks simply shred the meat by holding it with one fork and shredding it with the other fork.
- Note : Remember to pull along the grain so you don't end up with too fine shreds that will simply fall apart and will not hold together on a slider.
5.Assemble the sliders with the toppings just before serving.
Hope you like the shredded beef which is oozing with flavor.Let me know if you liked it.
Here are other recipes from Food Network friends:
Jeanette’s Healthy Living: Gluten-Free Maryland Crab Cake Sliders
The Heritage Cook: Italian Sliders with Fried Polenta and Marinara Sauce
Feed Me Phoebe: Thai Chicken Sliders with Sriracha Mayo
Elephants and the Coconut Trees: Shredded Beef Sliders
Haute Apple Pie: Easy Pan Cheeseburger Sliders
Dishin & Dishes: Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
Blue Apron Blog: 5 Tricks to a Great Slider
Weelicious: Mexican Chicken Sliders
Taste With The Eyes: Classic Chicago-Style Polish Sausage Sliders
Virtually Homemade: Meatball Sliders
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Buffalo Sliders with Bacon & Cheddar
Red or Green: Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Bacon & Celery
The Sensitive Epicure: Arepas — The Ultimate Gluten-Free Slider with South American Flair
Domesticate Me: Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sliders
Daily*Dishin: Italian Roast Beef-Smoked Almond Creamy Cheesy Sliders
FN Dish: Super Sliders